1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
5 teaspoons of baking powder
2 tablespoons of butter, softened 30 ml
1 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 cup of milk
120 ml MCal Citrate liquid (with or without vitamin D)
1 cup of frozen blueberries, thawed
1 tablespoon of honey
- Place rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line the bottom of an 8 inch spring form pan with parchment paper. Butter and flour the sides.
- In a bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, butter and sugar with a hand mixer until the mixture becomes creamy and smooth, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla.
- At low speed or with a wooden spoon, add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake about 50 minutes or until one toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool. Remove from pan and let cool.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the sauce. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Cut the cake into 8 pieces and, just before serving, pour 3 tbsps of the sauce on each of 8 pieces.
70 g carbohydrates
4.5 g lipids
1 g fibre
5 g protein
535 mg calcium